It can be really difficult to get blog traffic in the summer.
Whether they’re soaking up the sun at home or jetting abroad, lots of people will sadly be too busy enjoying the sunshine to read your blog posts.
But getting a dip in traffic over the summer months is more common than you’d think.
In fact, so many bloggers see this, it’s got its own nickname; the summer slump!
However, I’ve actually been able to double my blog traffic in summer previously, and get way more traffic from Google by writing seasonal content.
WHAT IS SEASONAL CONTENT?
Seasonal content is simply when you create content that is relevant to the current season.
So a great way to get more blog traffic over the summer is to write summer content.
Think chic dresses, shorts and sandals, cute updos, and refreshing cocktails; these are the kind of summer topics people want to read about under the blue skies.
And will help you getting consistent blog readers, even when it’s gorgeous weather!
SUMMER CONTENT IDEAS FOR ALL BLOGGERS
It can be difficult to think of engaging blog post ideas (especially over the hot months!).
So hopefully, this list of summer blog post ideas organised by niche will give your inspiration for your blog!
I hope these will give you some content ideas for your blog this summer!
Otherwise, below are some summer blog post ideas for every summer.
You can either read through the post, or sign up below to get a downloadable list of 350+ blog post ideas for all bloggers!
SUMMER 2021 – CONSIDERATIONS
Just a heads up – if you’re thinking of writing blog posts this year, it’s super important to remember the pandemic is still happening for the summer of 2021.
So some posts may need to be modified slightly just for this summer due to COVID (and for some topics, it may even be best to leave them this time round, and instead share them next year).
PRO TIP: You can use this to your advantage, and create blog posts you know people will be super interested in this summer!
BLOG POST IDEAS FOR SUMMER 2021
Below are some blog posts ideas you can specifically use for 2021 (with the pandemic in mind!):
- How to host a small summer party at home
- The best summer face masks
- 10 summer date ideas (that are super secluded and romantic)
- Best summer hairstyles that suit masks
- Summer nail and mask inspo
- 15 Fun outdoor activites perfect for summer during the pandemic
- How to make your eye make-up pop!
1. SUMMER CONTENT IDEAS FOR MOM BLOGGERS
Anything that you would normally blog about being a mom, just change it so that it’s relevant to summer.
For example if you write about kids crafts, you can do a roundup post on “Kids crafts perfect for summer”, or create a completely new blog post that focuses on something relevant to summer e.g “easy paper sun craft for kids”.
Any outdoor craft ideas are also good.
Other popular topics are activities for kids or food ideas for kids that are summery.
You could even focus on the moms themselves, such as clothing ideas specifically for moms to wear in summer or summer hairstyles for moms.
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR MOM BLOGGERS
- 15 fun summer crafts for kids
- Easy sun inspired kids crafts
- The BEST crafts for kids to make this summer
- Fun summer activities for children
- 5 easy summer hairstyles for moms
- How to stop your kids being bored this summer
- Slushie recipes for kids
2. SUMMER TOPIC IDEAS FOR FOOD BLOGGERS
Food is actually quite an easy topic to think of summer blog post ideas for.
You just need to create recipes that are summer inspired, such as lemonades, slushies and picnic ideas.
As a food blogger, you can also just create recipes that focus on keywords people will want in summer, like “cooling” or “refreshing”. Or just ones that are summer inspired.
You can also just do roundup posts of your previous recipes that will be good for summer, like “10 summery desserts”.
You can also do specific types of recipes, like vegan summer desserts, paleo summer recipes, etc.
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR FOOD BLOGGERS
- Fruit skewers perfect for summer
- 5 refreshing lemonade recipes
- Summer picnic ideas
- Food ideas for a BBQ party
- 25 summery snacks that will keep you skinny
- Cooling popsicle recipes
- 10 gluten free dishes for summer
3. SUMMER BLOG POST IDEAS FOR HEALTH & FITNESS BLOGGERS
Healthy is quite a popular one for over summer, because despite people going on holidays, most of them want to be as healthy as possible and get into shape right up till they go away.
If you’re a healthy food blogger, focus on recipes that are good for summer but have some kind of benefit for staying in shape.
Lots of people will suddenly realise they’re not the in the shape they wanted to be ready for their holiday, and will want tips for getting into shape quickly.
So any fitness or weight loss tips that will help to get results fast will be popular. You can either create new fitness tips or health tips, or do a roundup post and link to previous tips you have shared (but make them relevant to summer).
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR HEALTH & FITNESS BLOGGERS
- 10 ways to get in shape fast
- How to lose weight (even when you’re on holiday)
- Summer fitness tips that actually work
- Clean summer snacking ideas
- 6 refreshing green smoothie ideas
- 10 foods that will keep you hydrated
- Ab exercises for a flatter stomach
- 6 week summer slim down
Related: How I get 900+ page views a day
4. SUMMER BLOG POST IDEAS FOR FRUGAL LIVING OR FINANCE BLOGGERS
People are always looking to save money somehow. And throughout summer is no exception.
If you have any tips on how someone can save money this summer, they will be welcomed.
These can be normal money saving or frugal tips that you could share all year round, but worded so they are more relevant for summer.
Or they can be ways to save money specifically for summer. e.g “15 free summer activities for you and the family”.
Remember that lots of people will be going on holidays. So any way that they can either save money on holiday, or save towards another one soon will go down well!
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR FRUGAL LIVING OR FINANCE BLOGGERS
- 15 free summer activities for you and the family
- 10 ways to save money in summer
- How to build an emergency fund this summer
- How to save for a Disney vacation in a year
- 15 side hustles to try over summer
- Insider tips to save you money on holidays
- 20 ways to travel on a tight budget
5. SUMMER BLOG POST IDEAS FOR CRAFT BLOGGERS
Summer is quite an easy one for craft bloggers.
Anything that is inspired by summer, such as crafts that involve the sun, clouds, grass, butterflies, etc. can be classed as a summer blog post.
And any craft that needs to be made outdoors!
Also think about who the craft is for- summer crafts for kids always goes down well, but there are summer crafts for adults that are just as good too!
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR CRAFT BLOGGERS
- 50 easy mason jar crafts for summer
- The best summer crafts for kids
- Coffee filter butterflies
- DIY sponge water balloons for summer
- Summer painted plant pots
- 5 nature inspired crafts perfect for outdoors
- 10 paper fan crafts
- Easy summer crafts for kids
6. SUMMER CONTENT IDEAS FOR FASHION BLOGGERS
People are always looking for outfit inspiration- especially during the summer months!
Try general summery looks, specific ways wear summer items like skirts and crop tops, or roundups of outfits you’ve previously done for summer.
Also think about the colours people will be wearing, such as white or lighter colours to bring out a tan.
Think of different ways to show the outfit too; flat lays, sunny street shots of you wearing the outfit, etc.
And don’t forget… it’s festival season! So people will be looking for festival outfit inspo.
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR FASHION BLOGGERS
- Summer outfits for curvy girls
- 10+ gorgeous to wear this summer
- 15 hottest denim outfits for summer
- Chic and easy summer dress inspo
- What to wear with your plain white t-shirt this summer
- 50 cute crop top ideas
- 10 unique festival looks you need to try
7. SUMMER BLOG POST IDEAS FOR BEAUTY BLOGGERS
People are always looking for makeup tutorials, skincare tips and cute hairstyles, regardless of what time of year it is.
So just make it summer themed!
You can create new looks, do a tutorial, or roundup ones that you’ve done before.
Just remember that people will prefer to wear less makeup in summer as it’s so warm, so natural or minimal looks will be more popular.
Try to think of different adjectives to make your post stand out, like sexy, cute, gorgeous, etc.
You can also just review your favourite beauty products to use in summer.
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR BEAUTY BLOGGERS
- 30 gorgeous summer nail designs
- Summer hair colour trends for 2019
- 10 ways to wear a headscarf this summer
- Best short hairstyles to keep cool this summer
- Shimmery and natural summer makeup look
- How to create the natural makeup look
- 20 cool summer beach makeup ideas
- Festival makeup looks to try this summer
8. SUMMER BLOG POST IDEAS FOR LIFESTYLE BLOGGERS
Summer is pretty easy if you’re a general lifestyle blogger.
Just think about summer decor looks, or general posts about summer that you are interested in.
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR LIFESTYLE BLOGGERS
- Summer bucket list ideas
- 15 best summer vibe songs
- 5 things to do if you don’t have summer plans
- 40 farmhouse summer decor ideas
- 5 easy DIY summer decorations for your summer party
- How to make a summer vignette
- Floral summer mantel inspiration
- Pink + blue summer bedroom looks
9. SUMMER BLOG POST IDEAS FOR TRAVEL BLOGGERS
Travel bloggers, I know the pandemic took a massive hit at your blog traffic!
But do not despair – the pandemic IS coming to an end, and people ARE looking to start going travelling again.
I’ve noticed travel content is starting to trend on social media recently:
(This is a screenshot using The Pinterest Trends Tool).
So even if it’s not possible to go to every destination on the bucket list, people are at least now starting to get interested in travel content again!
Remember if you’re writing content for this summer, that depending on where you are based, not all travel will be allowed.
So make sure to tailor your content for wherever your audience is based.
NOTE: The travel blog post ideas below will be relevant for this year, but will likely not be in the future. However, it’s best to write content now that you know will be engaging, and then update it if needed in the future!
SUMMER BLOG POST TITLES FOR TRAVEL BLOGGERS
- Staycation destinations in [your area] for this summer
- Summer travel ideas (places YOU CAN visit in 2021!)
- Top places to visit this summer
- Summer bucket list ideas
- 10 romantic day trip ideas
- The best summer holidays ideas for summer 2021
And that’s 60+ summer blog post ideas!
SUMMER BLOG POST IDEAS – FINAL THOUGHTS
I hope this has given you some idea of what you can blog about this summer!
And remember, if you do see a drop in traffic over the summer months, do not panic.
This is something a lot of bloggers see (niche depending of course!), and as long as you are still working on your blog, you can expect traffic to pick back up once it starts to get cold again!
PRO TIP: If you’re sharing blog posts over summer, but still experience the dreaded “summer slump”, why not take the time to work on your blog behind the scenes?
Fix it up during the quieter summer months, ready for when people are back inside and reading blogs more frequently again!
If have enjoyed this list of blog posts, please share it on Pinterest:
And don’t forget to get your free list of 350+ blog post ideas (for all bloggers!):
Otherwise check out these posts you might be interested in:
- How to get your first 1,000 Pinterest followers
- How these bloggers make $1000+ per month
- Double your blog traffic with “secret images”